Sexual & Reproductive Health Rights
Promising Practices to Strengthen Sexual & Reproductive Health Rights
Programmatic practices that have been identified as pertinent for gender justice and sexual and reproductive health rights – in terms of content and impact – include the following:
- Women's village savings and loans groups
- Solidarity and organizing among the marginalized
- Engaging men as equal partners/family
- Male support groups: toward equity
- Supporting youth: self-determination and justice
These practices support strong relations - among family and intimate partners, peers and communities - toward gender justice.
Social norms change is an exercise in future-making. These practices aim to expand options on what is possible, normal and affirmed in society. Social norms change work seeks to enable individuals to make choices affecting their lives and promote gender justice.